sportscotland Coaching, Officiating and Volunteering Awards 2012
sportscotland wants coaching to be valued by more people in Scotland and our coaches and coaching system to be world renowned. They are committed to recognising and rewarding their success. The sportscotland Coaching Awards were established in 2010 to recognise coaches, and winning coaches receive a cheque to put towards their development, a momento and certificate, and local award ceremonies are held to recognise their achievement. This year, they have incorporated new officiating and volunteering categories and have renamed the awards to reflect this. This change is aimed at showcasing their commitment to these areas of sport, and broadening the reach and audience of the awards.
These awards represent a unique way for sportscotland and our partners in local authorities, governing bodies and the institute of sport network to recognise coaching, officiating and volunteering achievement within their individual sports and local authority areas.
The categories for the 2012 awards are as follows:
• Young person’s coach of the year
• Community coach of the year (previously participation coach)
• Development coach of the year
• Performance coach of the year
• Young coach of the year
• Disability coach of the year
• Technical official of the year
• Young volunteer of the year
• Volunteer of the year
Nomination forms are available here.
Please follow these top tips to fill in the form:
- Select the category in which you would like to nominate on page 1 using the coloured boxes – coaching, officiating or volunteering.
- Select the particular award you would like to proceed with – click ‘add’ then ‘go’ to be taken to the personal details page.
- Make multiple nominations on the one form – complete all fields then click ‘nominate again’ to start the process again – your personal details will be stored.
- Save the form to work on it at a later time, email it automatically to us by clicking ‘email’ or print it and send it by post.
If you have any problems with the form please call sportscotland on 0141 534 6504 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for an electronic copy.