Spalding Community Coach Programme
basketballscotland is delighted to have secured funding to support two affiliated clubs to employ a part time community coach. The recruited coaches will be added to basketballscotlands payroll in year 1. Download the full project outline here.
Aims and Objectives of the Programme:
- To help clubs develop sustainable participation around the club
- Link with3 or 4 high schools around the clubs geographical location
- Link with 25 – 30 primary schools
- Support clubs to develop a model of sustainable funding for such a position that can be replicated across numerous clubs.
basketballscotland will support selected clubs to:
- Plan and deliver the project
- Recruit and employ a coach
- Create a suitable financial model
- Take over the employment of the coach in Years 2 and 3
- Plan and deliver
basketballscotland will offer the following support to the recruited coaches:
- Part time contract with basketballscotland (the coach will become a member of the Communities Team)
- Ongoing CPD including free access to regional coaching clinics
The club will provide the coach with the equipment and resources to support with the delivery of the programme.
Application details are available here:
Proposal forms should be returned to Jay Runga before the 20th August. Jay can be contacted at email@example.com
If you have any questions please contact:
Jay Runga: firstname.lastname@example.org
Victoria Clark: email@example.com